I Am Indestructible...
It’s Day 2 of San Diego Comic-Con and there is a lot of news rolling in. Stay tuned as we post coverage throughout the week!
Marvel has debuted plenty of movie-related goodies, including:
- Our first look at Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man, coming in July 2015.
- Poster concept art for Avengers 2 of Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Black Widow and Captain America.
- Some amazing SDCC exclusive mondotees prints featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy (the heartwarming pair above are by mikemitchellart).
- Speaking of the Guardians, we have our first look at the full set of their Hot Toys incarnations. That Groot figure is massive.
Outside of movies:
- Disney Infinity has opened pre-orders for their 2.0 line, with Marvel figures!
- If you’re a Hulk fan, you can look forward to a smarter version of him in the comics.
On the DC Comics side of things:
- You can now preview the October issue of Wonder Woman.
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura whipped up a Batman figure and it looks incredible!
'Final Fantasy' designer creates the wildest take on Batman yet
If nothing else, Square Enix artist Tetsuya Nomura has built up a distinctive style over the years — his androgynous, zipper-heavy designs for characters in games like Kingdom Hearts and the Final Fantasy series are recognizable anywhere. But none of that will have prepared you for his surreal take on Batman, revealed in action figure form at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
Football alphabet: Lionel Messi and Neymar Jr.
"Messi? What can I say… I admire him, both for the player he is and for the person he is."
"We get on with each other off the pitch & we’re getting to know each other on it. He’ll bring a lot of joy to the club & fans.”